Solar Energy Society of India (SESI) - Institutional Member
Coordinator: Mr. K.Gurumoorthy, AP/EEE
The Society is interdisciplinary in nature, with most of the leading energy researchers and manufacturers of renewable energy systems and devices of the country as its members. High academic attainments are not a prerequisite for membership and any person engaged in research, development or utilization of renewable energy or in fields related to renewable energy and interested in the promotion of renewable energy utilization can become a member of the society.
- Encourage the students to publish a biannual technical journal containing papers on renewable energy utilization, technical notes, and other items of interest to those involved in renewable energy research and development.
- Conduct workshops on renewable energy topics at regular intervals.
- Participate in the International Congress on Renewable Energy once a year, conducted by the Solar Energy Society of India, where numerous scientific and technical papers are presented and discussed.
Indian Green Building Council (IGBC)
The Department of Civil Engineering, ACET established the students' chapter of IGBC in the year 2022. The vision of the council is, "To enable a sustainable built environment for all and facilitate India to be one of the global leaders in the sustainable built environment by 2025”.
Amrita College of Engineering and Technology is an Annual Member of the IGBC since March 2022. The Student's Chapter was established with the collaboration of faculty members and students of the Department of Civil Engineering on 7th September 2022.
- Create awareness on Green Buildings among the students.
- Ignite the idea of green in young minds.
- To conduct seminars by the experts on Green Buildings.
- To arrange internship opportunity for students on Green Buildings.
Mrs. Karthika P
Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering