Five-day hands-on training on “Project-Based Learning (PBL) to understand and apply concepts of the Electronics Courses offered during the 2nd & 3rd Year BE (ECE) and BE (EEE) using single-board computers such as Raspberry pi and Arduino”
from 15 June to 19 June 2019.
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
The primary objective of the training is to provide strong technical skills to students and train them to design and build innovative projects as solutions to the problems that exists in the society in the area of Smart Communication, Healthcare & Biomedical devices, Agriculture & Rural Development, Smart Vehicles, Food Technology, Robotics and Drones, Waste management, Clean water, Renewable Energy, Security & Surveillance, etc. This is the first step towards making students to participate in the “Smart India Hackthon” conducted by the AICTE under MHRD, New Delhi.
PURPOSE of the training is to:
- Gain valuable work experience
- Develop and refine skills
- Gain confidence
TYPES OF PROJECTS for practice during the training:
- Electronic Devices based projects
- Arduino based projects
- Raspberry Pi based projects
- Custom designed projects
Raspberry Pi boards are powerful little computers that can fit in the palm of your hand. These little computers have grown leaps and bounds in popularity because of their size, cost, and versatility.
Arduino is an open hardware development board that can be used by tinkerers, hobbyists, and makers to design and build devices that interact with the real world.
ELIGIBILITY & SELECTION
- First year BE (ECE) and First year BE (EEE) Course Completed Students
- Selection is based on first come first serve basis. Filled-in forms to be submitted to the HoD, Dept. of Electronics and Communication Engineering on or before 10th June 2019.
- Rs. 500/- per participant and minimum 3students per Batch. This cost is the expenditure towards project components (electronic). Each batch can take home their project.
- On successful completion of the training, students will be provided with training certificate.
LEVEL 1 (2 Days)
- Basic electronics principles and abstractions on which the electronic system is designed
- Design a simple electronic circuit based on discussed concepts
- Understand theoretical and practical behavior of the circuit
- Mini project allotment for each student from GROUP 01
- Own application-oriented projects.
LEVEL 2 (3 Days)
- One aapplication oriented projects from GROUP 02
- Simulation and practical implementation of the projects
- Prototype development.
- Electronics Laboratory, ECE Block, Amrita College of Engineering and Technology