The cell came into existence in the year 2017. Students Grievance Redressal Committee has been reconstituted on 11.11.2019 to redress the grievances and complaints of the students. Grievance cell strives to solve students’ academic and administrative problems and at the same time caters to the problems faced by staff. It is empowered to look into matters of harassment. The cell also encourages staff & pupil to give their suggestions in matters related to their welfare, academics and entertainment.In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing either with the Grievance Cell members or they can emailed on the cell email id i.e. email@example.com
The objective of the Grievance Cell is to develop an approachable and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute. The Cell has been constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the Staff & Students of the College with the following objectives:
- To encourage the Staff & Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- To encourage staff & pupil to give in writing or to send in their Suggestions / complaints on the email id provided i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
- To create an atmosphere where students of the College respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of rift arises.
- To develop amongst students to refrain from inciting Students against other Students, teachers and College administration
- Advising all staffs to be affectionate to the Students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- To co-ordinate between students, teachers & administration to redress the grievances.
- To guide ways and means to the staff & students in order to redress their problems.
- To take measures to solve the problems faced by student-teachers.
- To support, those students who have been deprived of the services offered by the College, for which he/she is entitled.
- To make officials of the College responsive, accountable and courteous in dealing with the students.
- To ensure effective solution to the student’s grievances with an impartial and fair approach.
Functions of Grievance Redressal Committee
- The function of the cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student, and judge its merit. The Grievance cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment.
- Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the department members in person, or in consultation with the class in-charge.
- In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the letterbox/ suggestion box of the Grievance Cell at Administrative Block. Grievances may also be sent through e-mail to the email@example.com.
- The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of written grievances from the students. The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell
- The cell formally will review all cases and will prepare statistical reports about the number of cases received. The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
Grievance Redressal Committee
Convener Dr. M. Krishna Kumar, Principal
Co-ordinator Mrs.V.Indira, Asst.Prof
Member Mrs.D.Beula Shiny, Asst.Prof & Mrs.S.V.Saji Rekha, Asst.Prof