Rules and Regulations
Student teachers of Amrita College of Education shall try their best to cultivate and uphold noble ideals and high values of life and conduct. They shall take active interest in all the academic, moral, cultural and social activities of the college.
Every student teacher shall try to keep up dignity, decorum and morale in dealings with the staff and the outsiders. Student teachers have to strictly follow the rules and regulations laid hereunder for their discipline and development.
- Morning Time: 9.00 am – 12.45 pm with interval break of 15 minutes
- Afternoon Time :1.40 pm – 4.10 pm with a break of 10 minutes
- Students should be present in the classroom at the stroke of the first bell at 8.50 am
- The first hour will start with a prayer at 9.00 am.
- Avoid coming late to the classes. The late comers have to produce late slip for admission into the classroom.
- General Assembly will be conducted on Mondays by the respective House team
- Students should come with proper uniform code.
- Each student-teacher is expected to possess an identity card with his / her recent photograph affixed on it duly attested by the Principal.
- All must wear their identity card as they enter the college campus.
- Loss of identity card should be reported immediately and duplicate will be issued on paying a fee
- Student teachers shall be regular in attendance and they are expected to be punctual.
- A minimum of 85% attendance is mandatory to appear for the University Examinations.
- Attendance will be taken for every hour by the individual course teacher.
- Students should apply for leave only in the prescribed leave form available in the college office after obtaining due permission from the Mentor.
- The leave application forms are to be duly signed by parents/ guardian/ Hostel Warden and get the endorsement of the respective Mentor and the Principal.
- If leave is asked for reasons of illness for more than two days, the leave application should be submitted by the student along with a medical certificate at the college office.
- Ragging is prohibited and it is punishable and may result in expulsion / suspension / fine / legal action.
- Students shall handle the property of the institution with care.
- Any kind of disturbing behaviour in the campus is forbidden.
- Avoid to use of mobile phone inside the campus.
- Smoking, use of drugs, alcohol or peddling drugs in the campus is prohibited.
- Any kind of discriminates will not be entertained in the campus.