The aim of education is employability. Enabling all students of Amrita College of Education to acquire employability skills, plan and manage their careers for their personal growth and also to contribute to the society at large, is the work and responsibility of the Placement Cell.
The Placement cell is an integral part of the college activities. The main responsibility of the cell is to place the right candidate at the right organization. The cell identifies the qualities, preferences, talents and traits of the student teachers which help during the time of placement.
The Placement cell helps the students to enhance their soft skills, grooms and prepares the students for interviews and demo lessons. Along with this, the cell also identifies suitable potential employers/institutes and helps them achieve their hiring goals. The cell organizes activities concerning career planning and acts as a bridge between students, alumni and employers.
- To look after the placement activities of the students;
- To orient the students about the trends in teaching career;
- To orient students about the requirements of various school boards;
- To disseminate information on the career opportunities in various school boards;
- To have close liaison with the schools for placement of students;
- To gather the information about the schools that require the skilled teachers;
- To create the database of probably recruiters,
- To arrange for campus interviews;
- To collect feedback from the schools coming for the placements
- To document the details of the recruitment;
- To keep a track on the current status of our ex-students and to record and maintain their needs and comments;
- To have a closed liaison without ex-students for the placement of current students;
- To act the catalyst for reducing unemployment;
- To train and prepare the students for the interviews
Placement cell arranges the following training programmes for the students using institutional and external expertise:
- Student Orientation for preparing CVs and cover letters;
- Workshops on “Interview Facing skills”;
- Workshop on “Softskills”;
- Guiding sessions for demo lessons;
- “Job Alert” forum is created to update students for upcoming vacancies;
All the B.Ed. Students undergo internship & training of 16 weeks in the second year. It is organized in various schools in surrounding areas. There are many reputed schools in which our students get trained like Government Higher Schools, Government Higher Secondary Schools and Government Aided Schools.
Our students are placed in various reputed schools of TamilNadu, other states as well as abroad. The college authorities provide recommendation letter to students who wish to work abroad. Many of our students are working in various schools situated in different countries.
The placement cell conveys information to the students at the fastest possible rate. Important advertisements regarding jobs and related information are displayed on a common bulletin board. In order to orient B.Ed students with latest strategies of teaching and learning, expert lectures and national seminars are organized. It also provides a platform for the budding teachers to interact with educationists from various educational institutes.
MOCK INTERVIEWS BY PLACEMENT CELL
Placement cell of Amrita College of Education conducted a Mock Interviews for their SYB.Ed. Students as a part of preparations of their upcoming placement event.
Mrs. REMYA. R, in-charge of Placement Cell conducted several preparatory sessions to prepare the student-teachers as a precursor to prepare them w.r.t. to several aspects of the placement. Student-Teachers were prepared pertaining to general Knowledge test, Personality evaluation, Content and Pedagogical Knowledge, their CV and their Communication Skills.
Placement cell also evaluated the student-teachers on Teacher Efficacy by giving them situations to know their responses. Four panels were made by faculties of Amrita College of Education to conduct the interviews. At the end of the interviews, a report on their performance, corrected CV and scoring was handed to each student teacher along with a feedback. All student-teachers put their sincere efforts for the Mock Interviews.
Contact for Details:
Mrs. R. REMYA, AP, ACE