CRAFTY ARTS CLUB
CLUB COORDINATOR: Ms. Shalini .A
EMAIL ID: email@example.com
Art is the passion of man to express the reactions of his nature to the world he lives in. Art gives us a chance to find ourselves according to our thoughts and uniqueness. Art treats our insights into building a connection with our creative thoughts and Mother Nature. Art makes us feel noble.
Crafty Art Club is open for all students interested in arts. You can work on drawing, painting and sometimes ceramics. Crafty Art Club is a great place to express the talents of pupils. By hosting Crafty art club students can feel free to try and craft from their dreams. Students have unique ideas and great mind's eye. They need the space to work through their artistic expression on their peculiar standings.
- To explore the thoughts and meanings through the work of artists and stylists.
- To provide pictorial, physical and sensual experiences in a special way of understanding and responding to the world.
- To facilitate students to record from first-hand experience and imagination then select their own concepts to practice in their work.
- To develop creativity and imagination through a series of complex events..
- To develop increasing confidence in the use of visual and physical elements and materials.
- To cherish an enjoyment and appreciation of the visual arts and knowledge of artists, crafts people and designers.
RAMANUJAR QUIZ COMPETITION
Ramanujar club of ACE had organized a quiz program in commemoration with Srinivasa Ramanujam's birthday on 22nd December 2021. The competition consists of four rounds which covered the general mathematics, logical, reasoning and fun mathematics. The participants were selected by preliminary test and they were divided into three teams. team consists of four members and the teams were named as Aryapatta, Baskara and Ramanujar.
Ramanujar Club of Amrita College of Education had organized Math Carnival in order to expand student's ideology towards present state of Mathematics on 18-06-2022. As segment of celebrating Mathematics our student teachers performed various intelligent activities like magic, puzzles, PPT presentation, number games and mathematical connecting words.
CLUB COORDINATOR: Mrs. Nisha K.S
EMAIL ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Energy conservation is an important part of human life. We will not be able to exist in the future unless we conserve energy. We have a finite supply of energy on Earth, and it takes a long time for it to recover, therefore conserving energy is critical to ensuring that it is available to future generations. The ability to conserve energy by limiting its use in our daily life is known as energy conservation. Energy conservation is important in our lives because it helps us live a good and healthy life while also keeping the environment healthy and pollution-free. It is critical to educate people on how to preserve energy using various ways.
- To raise and disseminate awareness about energy conservation and sustainability.
- To inculcate the habit of conserving energy for the students
- To provide hands-on experience in the field using emerging technology.
- To enhance leisure outdoor activities
- To reduce the consumption of energy, particularly from fossil fuels.
- To boost renewable energy's contribution to the energy balance
- Open House Exhibitions
- Guest Lectures
- Field Visit
CLUB COORDINATOR: Mrs. Shyamala N
- Encourage students to converse fluently and spontaneously.
- Encourage students to create a career-oriented environment.
- Enhance LSRW (Listening, Speaking, Reading. writing) proficiency in an individual.
- The English club aims to develop all the four fundamental skills that are given due importance with the view of making students gain maximum knowledge and also develop their communication skills.
- Provide effective oral and written skills practice to make them competent in language skills.
- Create a thirst for learning a new language with interesting activities offered in the club.
- Listening Skills: Lessons contain Listening enhancement and vocabulary check
- Speaking Skills: Lessons with video and audio content with required drilling.
- Reading Skills: Lessons contain newspaper reading, spell bee.
- Writing Skills: Grammatical Skills and creative writing
- Cross-Word Puzzles
- Spot the Error
- Visual Description
- Creative writing
- Guest Lecture
Presentation on Western Culture
English Club of ACE had organised a presentation programme under the topic "Portrayal of women in Shakespeare's play" on 15- 04-2022 .This programme aims to promote an ideology of criticism on the Western Literature. Although multiple students of different pedagogy presented their paper on this topic, it flourished with excellent idea by achieving its motto.
NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME
NSS Programme Officer:Mr. R. Lekshmanan, Sr. Lect./EEE
The National Service Scheme (NSS) is a Public Service Program of Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. The motto of NSS is "Not Me But You". It provides opportunity to the student youth of schools, Technical Institutions and Colleges to take part in various government led Community services, activities and programmes. The unique aim of NSS is to provide hands on experience to young students in delivering community service.
The following mandatory activities are conducted with the participation of community along with our volunteers.
- Understand social relations with the community in which they live and interact
- Identify the basic necessity of the society and involve the students' community in solving the problems
- Develop social and civic responsibility
- To encourage students in utilizing their knowledge to find a practical solution
- To enhance competency required for socio-cultural living and shared responsibilities
- To encourage students in mobilizing community participation
- To Gain leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
- Develop capacity to face up emergency crises, natural and unnatural disasters
- Work for national integration and social harmony
- Skill Development Programme for Rural Youth
- Rain Water Harvesting structure Renovation / Creation
- Plantation of Saplings
- Cleanliness and Hygiene related activities
- Self Employment Programme for Rural Women
- Health Education, Health Camps and Health related Awareness
- Disaster Management & First – aid
- Road Safety and Safe Driving
- Career Guidance to Educated / Uneducated Youth
A very auspicious tree plantation was organized by National Service Scheme - 'Greenary Drive' in Amrita College of Education on 08-12-2021. The Programme was inaugurated by Amrita Institution campus in-charge Sri.Gopala Krishnanji. First sapling was planted by Amrita Academic Director Dr.T.Kannan followed by Sri Gopala Krishnanji, Campus In-charge, Mr.Prabhakaran, Administrative Officer, Dr.Rajalingam, Principal In-charge of APC, Dr. Dhaneesh, HOD of MBA, our principal, faculties and students.
Kids Sports Day - 2022
NSS of Amrita College of Education organized a Kids Sports Day 2022 at Government Primary School, Erachakulam on 29/04/2022. Mrs. Jenitha Ruban, Entreprenaur invited as a special guest and made awareness about Health and Hygiene among B.Ed. student teachers and school children.
Swachh Sagar Surakshit Sagar
Amrita College of Education had organized a Costal Cleaning Campaign at Chothavillai beach on 17.09.2022.In connection with International Coastal Clean Up Day 2022, the Government of India along with other Voluntary Organization, and Local Society had run a cleanliness campaign "Swachh Sagar Surakshit Sagar / Clean Coast Safe Sea" along India's coast line. We were also joined with them and cleaned the Chothavilai Coastal area.
Fire Safety And Prevention
"The outer world is a reflection of the inner world". Other people's perception of you is a reflection of them; your response to them is an awareness of you.” So it is very necessary to be aware of anything. 'Fire is something is small, soon which will be tall'. In the present scenario it is necessary to know how to protect ourselves and others out of fire. So, in coordination with Fire and Rescue station, our Amrita College of Education had organised an FIRE SAFETY AND PREVENTION programme on 29th September 2022. In presents of our special guest Mr. Mohamad Azath, Station Officer, Nagercoil , our Chief Guest Mr. K. G. Johnvince, Special Station Officer, Fire and Rescue Station, Nagercoil, gave an amazing talk under a topic: Safe yourself from fire. And also our fireguards demonstrated the steps that should be followed to prevent fire accidents. "Prevention is better than cure" to rise up those words our students were also actively participated in the programme.
National Youth Day
On the great occasion of the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, NSS unit of Amrita College of Education organised National Youth Day on 12.01.2023 at 9:30 a.m. A special speech was given by Shri. V. Murugan, Rtd. NLC, Dharma Jakran, State Secretary Tamil Nadu. During his speech he focussed on the contribution of Guruparampara and the heredity of our culture, tradition and our values to entire humanity.
CLUB COORDINATOR:Mrs. Nagavalli .C
The Science Club was started to enhance the student's scientific knowledge and to develop their interest in the empirical study. The purpose of the Science Club is to promote interest, understanding, and knowledge of the scientific world amongst students. Our club would like to arouse budding Engineers interest in learning science, hence promoting their academic achievement in Science subjects. We also help Engineer's to learn more about science and teach them how to apply their knowledge of science. Science club helps to apply student's creative ideas even in day-to-day activities. It also aims at guiding the students to develop an independent and logical mind.
- To develop students' knowledge in the field of science by conducting Seminar, Workshop and Quiz competition.
- To acquire knowledge about science through lectures thought in the club.
- Encourage students to participate in the various activities conducted by the club in order to enhance their knowledge and proficiency.
- GD helps to promote discussion on the recent innovation in the field of science once in a month.
- To inculcate constructive, explorative & inventive ideas among the students.
- Quiz competition
- Essay writing competition
- Guest Lecture
- Preparing mini projects, charts and science models
YOUTH RED CROSS
YRC of Amrita college of Education had organized a debate under the topic "Future Needs with Mark Based Education? Or Knowledge Based Education?" on 13th May 2022. The debate was led by Guest Dr.M. Mohamed Askar, Assistant professor, Research Department of Tamil, Muslim Arts College. The debate was started with the informative introduction by Chair person. After his introduction each team aesthetically expressed their valid points one by one and also criticized the opposed the opponents parties statement. Finally, the debate ends with mentioning that although marks are necessary in the field of education, Knowledge is the only weapon that is to create healthy nation.
All India Radio
In connection with Youth Red cross Amrita college of Education has organized the special program in order to participated interactive radio live program "College Kallata". The program has been inaugurated by our principal Dr. Krishna Kumar and staff members. There's a new sound in the media Kumari FM associate wing at the campus of Amrita College of Education. As of morning 10.30am to 12.30 am on June 16, the Kumari FM radio station, The Programme includes solo songs, Poem reading, comedy group songs and music from local bands and student voices community programming at live. The program was led by D.Selva Rani and A.Kalaimagal, Kumari FM radio, Nagercoil.
Installation Ceremony Report
Installation Ceremony of Rotaract Club of Amrita College of Education was conducted on 20th April 2022. The programme was headed by Rtn.G. Thashina Murthy, the President of Rotary Club of Nagercoil Town and Rtn. S.Chithamparampillai, Assistant Governor of Rotary Club of Nagercoil Town. Rtn. Dr. S. Surendran, Associate Professor, Head of Department of Sociology, S. T. Hindu College, Nagercoil presented an awareness programme about “Facing Problems of Adolescence through Cyber”. Where Ms. S. M. Santhya Student Teacher of II Year B.Ed of Amrita College of Education was elected as the New President of Rotaract Club and honoured with the President's badge.
Awareness Program On 'DRUG ABUSE'
In Connection with the World Girl's Child Day, the Rotaract Club of Amrita College of Education is associated with Rotary Club of Nagercoil Town Organized an Awareness program on 'Drug Abuse'. The President of Rotaract Club of Nagercoil Town Rtn Mr.Robert Shibu Dhas delivered the presidential address. Dr.M.Krishna Kumar, Principal, delivered the felicitation address. The Chief Guest, Rtn, PAG, MAJOR DONAR Prof.M.Nesamony spoke on the topic 'Drug Abuse'. The Program came to an end by vote of thanks proposed by Rtn A.Selvaraj, the Secretary of Rotary club of Nagercoil Town.
Visit To Abhaya Kendram
Rotaract Club of Amrita College of Education and Rotary Club of Nagercoil Town organised Community Service Programme for B.Ed students at Abhaya Kendra, an old age home near S.T. Hindu College, on 6th June 2022. Rtn.G.Thashina Murthy, President, Rotary Club of Nagercoil Town gave the Presidential address. Dr. M. Krishna Kumar, Principal, Amrita College of Education felicitated the event. Mr. Ponkumar, Project Manager of Abhaya Kendram gave a special note about Abhaya Kendra. Our student teachers involved in personal cleaning of old age people and campus cleaning of Abhaya Kendram. Also, they served food to those people and entertained them by cultural events and games. The old age people were very happy and they interacted with the student teachers as like their grandchild.