Diploma in Mechanical Engineering(Sandwich )
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Sandwich) is a three-year and six-month full-time course offered by Amrita Polytechnic College and is approved by the Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai and by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. First Year course is common to all Diploma in Engineering Branches.
During 4th and 7th semester, the diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Sandwich) students undergo industrial training for six months each. Industrial training examination will be conducted after completion of every 6 months of industrial training. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Sandwich) is one of the prime courses that fetch Subject knowledge through practice by providing Industrial Training or Implant Training during the course period to the students. The students receive a monthly stipend for their training period to meet expenses towards their accommodation, food, travel and personal expenses during the training period. The students receive increased confidence, motivation, professionalism as a grade with the course.
Sandwich course gives in-depth experience of the working world and enable students to put into practice the lessons they have learnt in the classroom. Recruiters give increased importance for Diploma in Mechanical (Sandwich) Engineering students when recruiting candidates.
The department has the following well-equipped laboratories to impart technical skills to the students:
- CNC Laboratory
- Computer Aided Design & Drafting (CADD) Laboratory
- Hydraulics Laboratory
- Lathe Workshop
- Refrigeration and Airconditioning Laboratory
- Special Machines Workshop
- Thermal Laboratory
- Workshops: Fitting, Sheetmetal and Wiring
- Workshops: Foundry & Welding
Who can Join First Year Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Sandwich) Course?
- Candidates with a pass in the S.S.L.C Examination of the Board of Secondary Education, TamilNadu.
- The Matriculation Examination of Tamil Nadu.
- Any other Examination recognized as equivalent to the above by the Board of Secondary Education, TamilNadu.
Who can Join Second year (Lateral Entry) Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Sandwich) Course?
- Candidates with a pass in HSC (Academic) or (Vocational) courses mentioned in the Higher Secondary Schools in TamilNadu affiliated to the TamilNadu Higher Secondary Board with eligibility for University Courses of study or equivalent examination & should have studied Maths and/or Science.