About | Diploma in Civil Engineering
Diploma in Civil Engineering is a 3-year job-oriented course offered with an Intake of 60 students in first year with 10th standard (SSLC) pass as entry qualification. 12th standard pass students are admitted directly into the second year as lateral entry students.
Civil engineering diploma students are recruited by industries as supervisors/technicians to support senior civil engineers in planning and designing the construction of buildings, highways, bridges and other major infrastructure projects like airports, roads, railways, tunnels, canals, dams, harbors, irrigation projects, pipelines, water supply and treatment plants, power plants, sewage systems, etc.
Why choose AMRITA for studying Diploma in Civil Engineering?
Amrita Polytechnic College has well qualified, dedicated and highly experienced Faculty of Civil Engineering to impart basic and working knowledge to the students. In addition to the regular theory and practical classes, students are provided with Industry/project site visits, camps, in-plant training during summer and winter holidays, mini-projects, civil engineering software training courses, etc. to enable the students to acquire the following skills:
- To prepare, read and review civil engineering project blueprints to determine the dimensions of structures
- To develop plans and estimate costs for installing systems and operating facilities
- To carry out Inspection of project sites and evaluate contractors’ work in order to detect problems with a design
- To prepare test specimen of construction materials at site and test materials such as concrete and soil samples in laboratories
- To help to ensure that projects conform to design specifications and applicable IS codes
- Prepare reports and document project activities and data