NRI Admissions


For getting admissions under NRI category, candidate should be financially supported by a Non-Resident Indian (NRI). The NRI financially supporting the candidate should either be the parent (Father or Mother) of the candidate or legally declared as guardian of the candidate by the Court as per the provisions in “The Guardians and Wards Act, 1890.”

List of documents to be submitted by the NRI candidates

1) Recent NRI Status Certificate of the father or mother (financial supporter) issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective country with their seal in ORIGINAL. (Affidavit of NRI status is not accepted).

2) Sponsorship Letter from the financial supporter stating that he / she will financially support the education of the candidate

3) Employer’s Certificate of the financial sponsor issued by the foreign employer. In case of self-employment, nature of business, annual income and required proof like Income - Tax paid (for the last 3 years).

4) Relationship Certificate between the NRI sponsor and the applicant issued by the Tahsildar concerned

5) NRE / NRI bank account of the NRI parent, at least for the last six months.

6) Valid Indian passport of the candidate or Birth Certificate 

7) Valid Indian Passport copy (attested) of the NRI Parent

8) School Transfer Certificate or Migration Certificate or both. If these certificates are not available, an equivalent transfer certificate from the Principal must be specially obtained.

9) For 10 + 2 type of Indian Boards OR Foreign Boards: (i) Mark sheets of Secondary School Leaving Certificate (X Standard) or equivalent and (ii) Higher secondary Certificate (XII Standard) or equivalent. If the candidate has studied in a Non-Indian Government board of education system abroad or in India, the eligibility certificate obtained from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi must be enclosed

AICTE approval copy for admitting students under NRI Category at Amrita College of Engineering and Technology can be downloaded from here

The students who want to get admission under Non-Resident Indian (NRI) category must get Provisional Eligibility Certificate (PEC) from the "Centre for Students Affairs, Anna University". The application form for getting Provisional Eligibility Certificate (PEC) will be issued by "Centre for Student Affairs, Anna University, Chennai". 

The candidates, who have been admitted in UG/PG degree courses under NRI category, can submit the duly filled application form along with the required supporting documents through the Principal/Head of the Institution.

For NRI Admissions, Contact:
The Campus In-charge
Phone: +91 94475 90902