- Official GoI data, information and advisory on Covid-19
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare - for official data and advice on Covid-19 from GoI
- WHO - for world-wide Covid-19 situation reports and practical advice.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC)(link is external)
- COVIDINDIA - regularly updated Covid-19 statistics from MoHFW
- Indian Scientists’ Response to CoViD-19
Caution regarding Covid 19 (Corona) Pandemic
On account of the recent epidemic, Coronaviruses (COVID-19), we request all the students, staff and faculty members of Amrita Institutions Nagercoil to stay utmost vigil. According to the World Health Organization (WHO) and health experts, the symptoms of the viruses are fever, tiredness, shortness in breath and dry cough. In some cases, it may also get developed with aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Most people who are physically fit recover from the disease without needing special treatment. Around 1 out of every 6 people who get COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty breathing. The disease can spread from person to person through small droplets from the nose or mouth when a person with COVID-19 coughs or exhales.
It is the responsibility of each one of us to sensitize the fellow member and provide awareness to prevent any unfortunate incidents. If anyone shows any of the symptoms mentioned above, the same has to be brought to the notice of Class Advisor/ Hostel Warden for taking pro-active measures. The helpline numbers in this regard are provided below;
|1.||Campus Director - Amrita Institutions, Nagercoil||04652-269602 (office)|
|2.||Resident Warden (Hostel)||04652-269615|
|3.||Tamil Nadu Govt Health Ministry Control Room (24 hrs)||044-29510400, 044-29510500, 9444340496|
For more details about Corona virus; Click Here