Amrita College of Engineering and Technology, Nagercoil, is run by Mata Amritanandamayi Math (M. A. Math), Kollam from the AY 2018-19. After taking over the campus, M. A. Math is taking a continuous effort to improve the campus infrastructure, faculty quality and other facility to ensure the quality of its services. Moreover, the management is committed to improving its quality of academic and administrative services and student satisfaction. For the purpose mentioned earlier, the college has established the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (NBA - IQAC) in the year 2019 as a part of AICTE Margdarshan Scheme.
Our Institution has become a member of a group of Mentee Institutions of Francis Xavier Engineering College, Tirunelveli during December 2019 under AICTE Margdarshan scheme to train our faculty in the area of Outcome-Based Education for technical upliftment of the Institution in terms of the teaching-learning process. Both the mentor and Mentee Institutions are engaged in conducting/attending regular Faculty Development Programmes (FDPs) and research interaction between the institutions for mutual benefits.
Functions of the NBA – IQAC
- Preparation of Self Assesment Report (SAR).
- Formation of Department Advisory Committees and organizing regular meetings.
- Validation of Institution and Department's Vision and Mission Statements.
- Organizing workshops, to train members of the faculty on Mission - PEO Mapping and documentation of the process.
- Submitting IQAC Agenda items in the Governing Council Meeting and Collecting and maintaining Minutes of the Governing Council (https://amrita.edu.in/governing-council) Meetings along with the attendance records, minutes and action-taken reports of the meetings.
- Maintaining Budget allocation by collecting, utilizing and Auditing in the statement of accounts.
- Collecting Academic Assessment Data as per the SOP and using the assessment metadata collected from selected student, alumni and other relevant works for evaluating the extent to analyze achieved program outcomes. And the establishment of a mechanism using the metadata for Closing the Quality Loop.
- Documenting feedback received from the stakeholders (Industries, Parents, Alumni, Students, Peers, etc.) of the Institution, conduct review meetings and making arrangements for actions as per the feedback to assure the quality of service.
- Collect and analyze the students’ admissions data, pass percentage of students, studying and analyzing the lab, library, research and other facilities on the campus.
- Document the details of Infrastructure available for running the programs like classes, seminar halls and other activities.