Amrita College of Engineering and Technology, Nagercoil, is run by Mata Amritanandamayi Math (M. A. Math), Kollam from the AY 2018-19. After taking over the campus, M. A. Math is taking continuous effort to improve the campus infrastructure, faculty quality, etc. to ensure quality of its services. Further, the management is committed to improve quality of academic and administrative services and student satisfaction. For the purpose mentioned later, the college has established the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (NBA - IQAC) in the year 2019 as a part of AICTE Margdarshan Scheme.
Our Institution has become a member of a group of Mentee Institutions of Francis Xavier Engineering College, Tirunelveli during December 2019 under AICTE Margdarshan scheme for the purpose of training our faculty in the area of Outcome Based Education for technical upliftment of the Institution in terms of teaching learning process. Both the mentor and Mentee Institutions are engaged in conducting/attending regular Faculty Development Programmes (FDPs) and research interaction between the institutions for mutual benefits.
Functions of the NBA – IQAC
- Preparation of SAR
- Formation of Department Advisory Committees and organizing regular meetings
- Validation of Institution and Department Vision and Mission Statements
- Organizing workshops to train members of the faculty on Mission - PEO Mapping and documentation of the process
- Submitting IQAC Agenda items in the Governing Council Meeting and Collecting and maintaining Minutes of the Governing Council (https://amrita.edu.in/governing-council) Meetings along with the attendance records, minutes and action-taken reports of the meetings.
- Collecting and Maintaining Budget allocation and utilization and Audited statement of accounts.
- Collection of Academic Assessment Data as per the SOP concerned and use of the assessment metadata collected from selected student, alumni and other relevant works for evaluating the extent to which program outcomes are achieved. And establishment of a mechanism using the metadata for Closing the Quality Loop.
- Documenting feedback received from the stakeholders (Industries, Parents, Alumni, Students, Peers, etc.) of the Institution, conduct review meetings and making arrangements for actions as per the feedback to assure quality of service.
- Collect and analyze the students’ admissions data, pass percentage of students, study and analyze the lab, library, research and other facilities in the campus.
- Document the details of Infrastructure available for running the program, like classes, seminar halls etc.