Communication through machines has even made people in far off places seem very close. Yet, in the absence of communication between hearts, even those who are physically close to us seem to be far away." - Amma
Amrita Institutions, Nagercoil always take efforts to reach out to the society to provide exposure to the young minds enrolled in our Institutions to problems faced by rural communities in the region. Through this experiential learning process, every staff and student get opportunity to apply his/her knowledge to develop innovative solutions to the day-to-day problems of the society.
This echoes our integral philosophy - to empower the society with what we know and help with what we have for the benefit of the community at large. Amrita Institutions has several initiatives such as the following to engage the staff and the students enrolled in outreach activities.
- Amrita Quiz Awards to the School Students
- Amrita Innovation Awards to the School Students
- Amrita Technology Outreach Programmes to the School Students
- Engineering Career Awareness Programmes (ECAP) for the School Students
- Regular Medical Camps and Safety/Health Awareness Programmmes.
- Providing industry-relevant skill training to the youth in the region under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) Scheme.
- Connecting Amrita Institutions, Nagercoil with local communities to address the development challenges through appropriate technologies under the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan Scheme (UBA) under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, New Delhi.
- Extension and outreach activities with the objective of providing Social Internship to the students under NSS & YRC.