DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
The ECE department has the following computing facilities for their academic and research activities:
Highlights of Computing Facilities and Support
- ECE department computer lab is well-equipped with latest Desktops, LAN & Internet Facility.
- ECE department lab has Software License for teaching-learning like Xilinx Vivado 2018.2, MATLAB campus license, Keil Software, Arduino and more open-source software.
- ECE department lab is well equipped with computing hardware of the latest configuration, including the following models:
- Arduino Development Board
- 8051 Microcontroller Trainer kit
- ARM Kit LPC2148
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
- Xilinx Vivado-Nexys 4 Artix 7 XC7A100T-CSG324
- Basys 3 [410-183P- KIT]
- Math Works Campus Wide License Agreement Standard Campus + Student Licenses + MAOTS (ML Online Training Suite)
- Microsoft enabled Virtual Classrooms using Microsoft Teams
- In-house Learning Management System for self-paced 24 x 7 learning and teaching using Amrita MOODLE
The ECE department has the following software facilities for their academic and research activities:
Xilinx Vivado 2018.2 Licensed Version
The Vivado Design Suite system tools enable you to design a complete embedded processor system for implementation in a Xilinx FPGA device. The Vivado Design Suite is a Xilinx development system product that is required to implement designs into Xilinx programmable logic devices.
- The Vivado IP integrator tool, with which you can develop your embedded processor hardware.
- The Software Development Kit (SDK), based on the Eclipse open-source framework, which you can use to develop your embedded software application. SDK is also available as a standalone program.
- Embedded processing Intellectual Property (IP) cores, including processors and peripherals.
MATLAB Campus License
MATLAB® and Simulink® to generate code and run it on hardware. However, coding is just one task – learn how you can use MATLAB and Simulink to design, code, and verify your next embedded system from prototyping to production
Keil Software License Free Version
Keil® MDK is the most comprehensive software development solution for Arm®-based microcontrollers and includes all components that you need to create, build, and debug embedded applications.
Arduino License Free Version
The Arduino board started changing to adapt to new needs and challenges, differentiating its offer from simple 8-bit boards to products for IoT applications, wearable, 3D printing, and embedded environments. All Arduino boards are completely open-source, empowering users to build them independently and eventually adapt them to their particular needs.
The ECE department has the following computing hardware for their academic and research activities
Arduino Development Board
Arduino Uno is a microcontroller development board based on the Atmel ATmega328 MCU. The Arduino Uno has 14 digital input/output pins (of which 6 can be used as PWM outputs), 6 analog inputs, a 16 MHz crystal oscillator, a USB connection, a power jack, an ICSP header, and a reset button. This Arduino MCU board contains everything needed to support the microcontroller. Simply connect it to a computer with a USB cable or power it with a AC-to-DC adapter or battery to get started. The Arduino Uno differs from all preceding boards in that it does not use the FTDI USB-to-serial driver chip. Instead, it features the Atmega8U2 programmed as a USB-to-serial converter. The Arduino Uno MCU board can be powered via the USB connection or with an external power supply. The power source is selected automatically.
8051 Microcontroller Trainer kit
Microcontroller Trainer Kit based on 8 bit 8051 Microcontroller, which is widely used to train engineers to develop on software/hardware for any industrial process & control. Kit has power-full Monitor EPROM, RAM, I/O Lines, Timer/Counter, Serial, Seven Segment Display, and Keyboard for Man to Machine Interface
ARM Kit LPC2148
The LPC2148 microcontroller is designed by Philips (NXP Semiconductor) with several in-built features & peripherals. Due to these reasons, it will make more reliable as well as the efficient option for an application developer. LPC2148 is a 16-bit or 32-bit microcontroller based on ARM7 family.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
On Pi Day 2018, the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ was launched with a faster 1.4 GHz processor, a three-times faster gigabit Ethernet (throughput limited to ca. 300 Mbit/s by the internal USB 2.0 connection), and 2.4 / 5 GHz dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi (100 Mbit/s). Other features are Power over Ethernet (PoE) (with the add-on PoE HAT), USB boot and network boot (an SD card is no longer required).
Xilinx Vivado-Nexys 4 Artix 7 XC7A100T-CSG324
The Digilent Nexys™4 DDR board, based on Artix FPGA, brings unprecedented performance to a student-focused FPGA design kit. With its large, high-capacity FPGA, generous external memories, and a collection of USB, Ethernet, and other ports, the Nexys4 can host designs ranging from introductory combinational circuits to powerful embedded processors.