DATE OF POLICY COMMENCEMENT
- This placement policy is applicable since August 1, 2019
- The students who are expected to graduate from the institute in the year or after 2020 shall be eligible to participate in the training and placement activities during the academic year 2019 to 2020.
- The placement drive details along with the eligibility criteria will be displayed in the college website, T & P Notice Board and be forwarded to the concerned students via email or SMS by the department placement coordinators.
- The students who have minimum attendance of 90% in ALL Placement Activities like Placement training programmes, industry training programmes and industrial visits organized by Training & Placement Department are only eligible for attending the placement drives.
PROCESS & REGULATIONS
- The students who meet the eligibility criteria that are laid down by the companies may register himself/ herself at the Placement Cell of the Institute after submitting relevant documents/ requirements for the training/ placement drive.
- The students must submit their latest CV to the respective branch placement coordinators as a soft copy as well as hard copy. The resume file should be in MS-Word (.doc) format, and the file name should contain their college, branch, batch (year of passing) and name. Ex. “acetcs2018_pavithra_r.doc”. No other file name format will be accepted.
- Companies confirming for recruitment at the campus will be categorized into 'Category A' & 'Category B'. This categorization will be done by the placement cell based on various details provided by the company through 'CAMPUS PLACEMENT - RESPONSE FORM' (such as package details, job profile, number of branches, number of students etc.)
- Students need to collect the Placement Hall Ticket from the Placement Cell, one day before the day of the activity. No candidate will be allowed to attend the selection process without the Hall Ticket. Students must keep their Identity Cards with them at the time of PPT / Aptitude Tests/ Group Discussions/ Personal Interviews and produce the same when demanded by the visiting team or placement cell staff or their representatives.
- If a student has registered to participate in the placement process of a company, he/ she cannot leave it in between. In such cases, it would be considered that he/ she have rejected the offer. The student who fails to attend the Placement Drive, either on or off campus after his/ her consent for attending the same, will be debarred from next two Placement activities.
- While attending the Placement Drive process, students must strictly adhere to the following:
- Punctuality: The students should adhere by the timelines & maintain punctuality for all the placement drives
- Dress Code: Male- Strictly formals, with necktie and neatly polished black shoes. Female- Strictly formals, with polished black shoes.
- Resume: Format as approved by the Placement Cell along with a professional photograph.
- Hall Ticket: As applicable
- Documents: Photostat copies of all relevant documents properly filed.
- Once a student has been shortlisted by a company for placement process, he/ she is NOT allowed to contact the members of the team visiting the campus for placement purpose, without prior permission of the Placement Cell.
- There is no restriction on applying/ appearing in number of interviews, until the first job is secured. A student will be considered to have secured a job, if his/ her name appears in the selection list of the successful candidates declared after the process by the company through Placement Cell or an appointment letter is received from the placement cell.
- A student can secure only one job in each category. However, students selected by an organization and offered appointment may get an additional chance when all the eligible students have been placed and the placement interviews are still available.
- A student secured a job under 'Category B' is entitled to apply for 'Category A' company, from the point of up-gradation, wherein a student secured a job in 'Category A' company cannot apply for any other category.
- A job would be considered to be rejected only if the concerned student informs about the rejection to the Placement Cell in person along with a regret letter towards the same. Up-gradation from 'Category B' company to 'Category A' company does not result in rejecting the previous offer. A student can reject only one Job Offer.
- For students who involve in disciplinary cases, the college management has the discretion to stop them from appearing in any Campus Selection Process.
NOTE TO STAFF AND STUDENTS
Staff and Students are requested to forward contacts of recruiters they have, if any, so that the Placement cell may formally invite these companies for placement / guest lecture/ training/ internship.
Students are urged to work towards placement preparations, right from the 2ndyear onwards and acquire skills required by the companies by attending industrial training and placement training courses offered by college.
The policy is subject to change at a later stage at the discretion of the placement cell. The changes made, if any, at a later stage will be notified to all who are concerned.
All students join B.E. degree with a vision to get into well-known and reputed corporate with a good starting salary. Their dream comes into reality thro’ the following methodologies of Training”
Freshmen year (For 1st Year Students)
1st year students would be in transition period i.e. from school to college. They need to be trained to face the phases in college. They will be trained on Better Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing, Articulation and debate, Communication development. Their self-esteem and self-confidence will be heightened through many program
Sophomores (For 2nd Year Students)
To hone up and enhance the critical, logical, out-of-box thinking of the students through aptitude classes and develop interpersonal skills. Aptitude training classes are conducted to sharpen their thinking level. Various personality development workshops, Career guidance programs are conducted to mould the students further for their Job.
Juniors (For 3rd Year Students)
To provide in-depth training to students and preparing them for both technical and attitude areas. Value added courses are conducted for 3rd year students. They will get good exposure about Group Discussions and Mock Interviews.
Seniors (For 4th Year Students)
Company specific trainings are given at this point whenever needed along with Practice Test. Employability skills would be focused more in the year.
Steps involved in recruitment process:
- Placement Training on hard skills and soft skills to the students will be provided based on the expectations and need of the companies.
- Database of the students will be prepared and kept ready. When companies contacted or invite for a placement drive, it will be shared with team of HR.
- Placement department will arrange On Campus Drive for final year students on mutually agreeable date by company and college
- Pre Placement Talk will be given to the students on the day when the HR Team visit the college for Placement drive.
- Written Test (both Technical / Aptitude) will be conducted either in Offline / Online mode. Shortlisted students will be called for subsequent rounds, may be Group Discussion or Coding round depending on the nature of the position and company
- Interview (both Technical / Personal) will be conducted for the shortlisted students.
Finally, they may call the students to their location and may conduct a final interview or they may issue offer letter across table or in couple of days.
Activities of Department of Training and Placement:
Department of Training and Placement facilitates not only Campus Drives for students but also the following activities:
- Arrange Off / Pooled campus drives
- Arrange Internship during Summer and Winter vacations for students
- Help in arranging projects for final year students
- Help the students in getting Internship with FTE option for final year students
- Conduct seminars, workshops, guest lectures for all students and the resource persons will come from industry, deliver the current expectation of industry keeping in mind with the present competitive scenario.