Announcements for Students
Know your Rivers: Honourable Minister for Education Shri. Dharmendra Pradhan launched a nationwide campaign of mapping the rivers of the nation titled ‘Nadi ko Jano’ organised by the Research for Resurgence Foundation (RFRF), New Delhi. Students and staff of Engineering College are eligible to participate and compete. As mini-projects have become a mandatory requirement for getting a high salaried job, students who participate in this competition get the opportunity from AICTE for doing a real-time project through participating in this competition of identifying rivers, canals in the district and uploading the data on the government portal. Attractive cash prizes are also awarded for good river data providers. Click here to register. All participants submitting valid entries will be issued a Certificate of Participation. Click here to read the rules for participation. For more details and coordination, please contact Mr Suresh S (firstname.lastname@example.org), Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering.
The college will resume offline classes from 01-09-2021 following Covid guidelines issued by the government of Tamil Nadu. Click here to read the circular.
- All BE, MBA and ME students are informed to click here to read the online/offline class schedule from 18-02-2021 to 27-02-2021. All the hostel students are informed to report to their respective college hostels and occupy their rooms as per the earlier instructions. From 01-03-2021 onwards, all the II Year, III Year and IV Year BE Classes and MBA and ME classes will be held offline (regular classes in college). Students who are having online classes need not board the college bus and they are informed to attend classes online from their places using Laptop in Microsoft Teams with their regular email and password.
- EngiNx is an Engineering Innovation contest from TCS - Engineering and Industrial Services & Internet of Things Business Units. Registrations are open for the EngiNX 2021, Digital for New Normal, on Campus Commune Registration window is open from 20th January 2021 to 28th February 2021. TCS EIS and IoT units is determined to once again challenge the Engineering students by providing a nationwide platform to showcase their product making capabilities. This contest structure, will be of 3 levels and this will give ample time and scope for students to demonstrate their skills right from idea conception, solution proposal stage to successful implementation of the solution. The contest is open for the 2022 & 2023 batch of B.E/B.Tech /M.E/ M.Tech. Each team shall comprise of 3 members only from the same institute. Team shall be cross functional having members from different engineering departments as indicated. For top 5 finalist teams, TCS will reimburse the cost towards development of a working model up to Rs.40,000/- (Rupees Forty Thousand only) per team upon verification of the expenses. Round 1: - 2nd March,2021 (MCQ based), Round 2 (Solution Proposal Round) – Submission by 9th April 2021 , Round 3 (Product submission Round) – Submission by 20th June 2021 and Round 4 (Development of working model & Presentation) – 23rd July 2021(Tentatively). Registration link : https://on.tcs.com/3nYvq8V
- Department of CSE, Amrita College of Engineering and Technology in Association with ICT Academy is organizing a Power Seminar on “RPA for all.” Resource Person: Mr. G Saravanan, Head-Strategic Alliances, ICT Academy. Click the Link https://tinyurl.com/RPAFORALL to join participate in the event through Microsoft Teams, 20 January 2021, 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
- All the Members of the Faculty and students at Amrita Polytechnic College to join the Webinar on 360 Degree Feedback organized by the Faculty Development cell (FDC), AICTE on 23rd December 2020 (Wednesday) at 11:00 AM. Attending the 360 Degree Feedback session has been is compulsory as per the communications received from AICTE, New Delhi. Please click here to join. (EVENT NUMBER: 176 573 5967 and EVENT PASSWORD: 1234)
- Scholarship for Students
All India Council for Technical Skill Development (AICTSD) has announced “Albert Einstein International Scholarship Test”. This is a part of the mission of AICTSD to promote & create the leaders from the student & professional community among the Country & world. Both school and college students are eligible to apply. Check the below link for more information.
- ODD Semester Classes for the Academic Year 2020-21 is scheduled from 12th August 2020 for all UG and PG programmes as per the notification from Anna University, Chennai. All the 2nd, 3rd & 4th year B.E. and 2nd Semester MBA students are informed to register their courses from the link given below for the AY 2020-21 as per the Anna University Curriculum (Refer your department web page. Students are advised to attend the classes regularly and should have minimum 75% attendance in online classes in every subject in order to become eligible to appear the Nov/Dec 2020 Anna University examinations.
Click here to know more