AMRITA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
“Youngsters need to understand the purpose of life. They need courage and wisdom to face the challenges of life. With that understanding they become the light of the world. If we care for them responsibly, moulding their whole character with love, then the future of the world will be safe.” – Amma
Amrita College of Engineering and Technology (ACET) is a co-educational, self-financing Engineering College (Formerly Sun College of Engineering and Technology, established in the year 1999) run by Mata Amritanandamayi Math (MAM), Kollam from the Academic Year 2018-19. MAM is an International charitable organization aimed at the spiritual and material upliftment of humankind. MAM was founded in 1981 by spiritual leader and humanitarian Mata Amritanandamayi Devi, with its headquarters in Paryakadavu, Alappad Panchayat, Kollam district, Kerala.
The College has been approved by The All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi and affiliated to the Anna university, Chennai. The College is located inside Amrita Institutions Campus, Nagercoil in a sprawling area of 100-acre lust green campus which is situated about 5 Kilometres north of Nagercoil, the headquarter of Kanyakumari District. Nagercoil Railway station is 7 km from the campus. This campus is well connected by rail and road. Thiruvananthapuram the capital of Kerala is 75 Kilometers from the campus. The atmosphere is conducive for calm and peaceful academic pursuit.
The college is well connected to the town by public transport buses. The college operate its own transport system for the convenience of the students from various parts of the Kanyakumari and neighbouring districts/State.
Amrita Institutions is known for its Value Based Quality Education through continuously improving its infrastructure, human resources and teaching-learning process and we are committed to impart high quality skill-based education in Engineering & Technology to the youth to meet the challenging requirements of the industries.
Engineering, Technology and Management Programmes offered by ACET and the sanctioned intake strength of the UG and PG programmes are given below:
|Programme Name||No. of Seats||Duration|
|BE (Civil Engineering)||60||4 Years|
|BE (Computer Science and Engineering)||120||4 Years|
|BE (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)||60||4 Years|
|BE (Electronics and Communication Engineering)||120||4 Years|
|BE (Mechanical Engineering)||60||4 Years|
|M.E (Computer Science and Engineering)||18||2 Years|
|M.E (Embedded Systems)||18||2 Years|
|M.B.A with following specializations: Marketing / HR / Finance / Operations / Systems||60||2 Years|
* TNEA COUNSELLING CODE: 4972
Salient Features of ACET
- One of the best Co-Education Self-financing Engineering Colleges in the District
- Quality and Value Based Education with character building
- Qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty
- Laboratories Workshops and Computer Centres equipped with modern facilities.
- Well-furnished, Class Rooms, Laboratories, Seminar Hall, Library, Drawing halls, etc.
- MoU with large number of Industries
- A separate in-house Centre for Training to arrange regular Industrial Visits, In-plant Training, Industry based student projects, etc.
- A Separate in-house Training and Placement Division to train students and to arrange campus interviews and placements
- Co-curricular and extracurricular activities through various clubs
- Students counselling to guide them in the right path
- Special coaching classes for weak students
- Sports and games, Canteen, Hostel and Transport Facilities
- Mentoring support from our sister Institutions namely Amrita University, Coimbatore.