Centre for Energy Studies
Centre for Energy studies is established with the aim to encourage the interchange of ideas, promote cutting-edge technology research and assist in the development of energy applications that are suitable for India. This Centre caters to the needs of students in all disciplines. This Centre intends to create a consultation platform for professionals working in the field of energy around the world in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment. The Centre is equipped with Solar PV modules, Solar PV Emulator, Wind Energy trainer module, Battery charging and discharging unit, Hybrid inverter system, Solar Charge Controller, Solar UPS and supporting software tools, with a sufficient number of computers. To satisfy the energy needs, this Centre will promote energy efficiency and the adoption of clean energy, geothermal and renewable energy sources such as solar, wind, hydro, and biomass, among others and will explore various renewable energy policies at the local, regional and national levels. Also, the Centre will host many workshops/seminars to promote emerging technologies as part of its outreach programme.
- To promote innovative interdisciplinary research in the field of energy in response to the social demands.
- To encourage energy-saving measures for the sustainable use of energy resources.
- To create awareness on the benefits of using green energy technologies.
- To conduct professional skill development training programmes in related domains.
- To enable the students incubate company ideas and assist them as they grow as entrepreneurs in relevant fields.
- To bring together all areas of energy in the institute under one platform in order to effectively maximize the institution's resources.
- To develop intellectual property (IP) in the form of patents and high-quality technical papers.
- High-quality manpower with the skills to tackle the new difficulties that have arisen as a result of rapid technological advancements.
- Technological innovations that have a direct impact on society.
- 30 KW rooftop solar power plant with 126 monocrystalline silicon PV panels rated at 270 Wp and a grid-connected inverter is installed in the campus.
- Wind- Solar Hybrid Power System with Micro Wind Energy Generator module
- Solar PV Emulator with software
- PV SYST -Solar PV Simulation Software
- Solar PV training system (1 KW)
- Wind Anemometer
- Battery storage system with charge and discharge control
Research areas :
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Energy Storage
- Energy Conservation and Management
- Energy Efficiency
- Electric Vehicles
- Energy Economics and Planning
- Environmental Pollution and Control
Head of the Centre
1. Mr.K.Gurumoorthy, Asst.Prof./EEE
2. Dr.Shyni.P.Nair, Asst.Prof./EEE
3. Dr.R.S.Jayaram, Asst.Prof./Mech. Engg.
4. Mr.S.Suresh, Asst.Prof. /Civil Engg.