Six-Day Faculty Development & training Programme on “ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS” from 09th to 14th December 2019 - Sponsored by Anna University, Chennai
SIX-DAY FDTP ON EC 8451 - ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS
ANNA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI
& ORGANISED BY
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
AMRITA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY, NAGERCOIL
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT TRAINING PROGRAMME
The Centre for Faculty Development (CFD), Anna University, Chennai sponsors faculty training programmes to improve the teaching skills and knowledge of the teachers in the subjects they teach to ensure quality education to students and equip them to become readily employable. The resource persons are experienced faculty members from Anna University, reputed institutions and industry. CFD has sponsored this 6-day FDTP and Amrita College of Engineering and Technology is organizing the programme for the benefit of teachers and the student community.
- To gain conceptual and basic mathematical understanding of electric and magnetic fields in free space and in materials.
- To understand the coupling between electric and magnetic fields through Faraday's law, displacement current and Maxwell's equations.
- To understand wave propagation in lossless and in lossy media.
- To be able to solve problems based on the above concepts.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Basics of Coordinate Systems, Line, Surface and Volume Integrals.
- Divergence theorem, Stokes theorem and Helmholtz’s theorem.
- Electrostatics Field Laws and Applications.
- Electrostatics Field in Materials and Boundary Conditions.
- Magnetostatics Fields and Boundary Conditions.
- Magnetostatics Field Laws and Applications.
- Magnetostatics Field in Materials.
- Time-Varying Fields and Maxwell's Equations.
- Plane Electromagnetic Waves in Lossless and Lossy media.
- Pointing Vector and Flow of Electromagnetic power.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
Faculty members who are teaching subjects related to Electromagnetic Fields in ECE, EEE from Anna University Affiliated Engineering Colleges are eligible. Faculty members with prior knowledge of Electromagnetic Fields working in other allied branches can also apply.
- FTDP is offered free of cost to the faculty members of all Engineering Institutions affiliated to Anna University, Chennai.
- Registration is restricted to 30 participants.
- Participants will be selected based on first come first serve basis.
- Priority will be given to Assistant and Associated professors.
- No TA/DA will be provided for attending this program.
- Accommodation and boarding, if required, will be provided in college hostel only on prior request.
ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering,
Amrita College of Engineering and Technology
Amritagiri, Erachakulam Post, Nagercoil – 629 901. firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile - 09943754691
Submission of Application : 28.11.2019
Intimation of Selection : 29.11.2019
Confirmation by Participants : 02.12.2019